Sunday 3 April 2016

THE POWER OF MAKEUP

Happy Sunday Everyone! I'm doing something a little different for you guys ... actually it's very different! I've spoken a lot about beauty and skincare on my blog but never anything about makeup. Makeup for men has always been a taboo subject and although not many guys won't admit it, there's a load of you raiding your mums or your sisters makeup bags! However more recently it's become less controversial for a guy to pick up a concealer to cover a spot or top up their tan with a bit of bronzer ... and I'm no different! Last week I took a day trip to Birmingham with my bestie T and we were made over by Make Up For Ever! I have always been super self conscious about my looks, I was bullied through most of my childhood for near enough anything and so I take my appearance quite seriously! However I didn't want the make up artist to pile on the coverage! I just wanted something light and natural that would make me feel more confident about myself!


As I was sat in the chair I got quite a few strange looks from people passing by, but with some of the things I have experienced in my life I've learnt that I have to live for myself. In other words f*ck what people think about you, if you're happy do it! The first thing I was introduced to was the face and body liquid tint, this stuff has the consistency of water and the coverage is extremely light. I had to look really hard in the mirror to see the difference but it's actually really nice, It just evens out my skin tone with ease! Now I actually feel quite blessed with my skin, I don't suffer from a lot of acne and so I asked for a little more coverage on my cheeks because I have quite patchy and red cheeks. The makeup artist used a small amount of the Make Up Forever, Full Cover concealer which made me a tiny bit nervous because I thought it was going to look ridiculous on me, and fake? If that's the right word? But the makeup artist used it in minimal amounts and it just helped cover the redness on my cheeks and brighten the darkness under my eyes. Because I'm dark skinned I lost a little bit of the warmth my skin naturally has and so the makeup artist applied a little some cream bronzer from one of their pallets. I have to say this applied beautifully and blended in seamlessly. It just added a slight glow and some warmth back into my skin but it wasn't OTT or too orangey! Finally he applied some of the HD Powder to remove any shine from my face and if I'm honest that really is something I hate about my skin. I don't want to look shiny as it can easily look oily if you know what I mean? Once we were finished I was so happy. And that for me is the most important thing ... to be happy! I looked like me but better, I felt like me but much more confident! A while ago Nikkie Tutorials uploaded 'The Power Of MakeUp' on her channel, this was something that really inspired me and I wanted to do something similar! I know a lot of beauty gurus have done something similar but I haven't really seen any male bloggers do something like this! So I wanted to ... both for me and for anyone else out there who's like me!


I hope you guys have enjoyed this post, It really did take a lot for me to post this because I'm basically telling you guys what my flaws are and that takes a lot! But things like this are important so I'm really glad I have you lot to share it with! I'd love to see your guys take on this post, whether it be a full on blog post, an insta or a tweet be sure to tag me and let me know! I hope you guys a lovely week and I shall see you when I'm back with my next post!


'my aspiration in life ... would be ... to be happy' - Beyoncé

No comments:

Post a Comment