Sunday 27 March 2016

THE SOAP AND GLORY REVIEW - NO CLOGS ALLOWED

Happy Sunday Everyone ... And Happy Easter too! Hope you're all having a lovely day surrounded by the people you love and chocolate. I hope you're surrounded by lots of chocolate! I really wanted to try do something a little bit more Easter related, in actual fact I was hoping to do an Easter Lush Haul but I was unable to get to one over the last week! So instead I'm going to tell you guys about some new skincare I picked up from Soap and Glory! You can all probably tell by now that I am a massive fan of their stuff, so when I was in Boots a while ago I walked in to their skincare section. They had a lot of things on offer and I want to try some of the other things but I was looking specifically for a mask that day and I ended up getting their 'No Clogs Allowed', super self heating deep pore detox mask.


The mask is targeted towards an oily or a combination skin type, I still don't 'really' know what skin type I have, but my nose and forehead tend to get on the more oily side where as the areas where I shave get quite dry. So I've put myself into the combination bracket. The formula of the mask is really quite interesting. The instructions advise you to massage a grape sized amount of 'No Clogs Allowed' onto your face. The cream comes out an off-white colour and has quite a gritty consistency when your first working it in. Now, brace yourselves because it has a self heating formula, I expected it to gradually heat but no it literally just hits you! It's not overpowering at all but it does make you go 'ooh'! You apply the mask on at first with dry hands, once you have it massaged onto your face you then wet your hands and scrub the mask until it all turns a lovely blue tone! I don't know about you but I feel like this stuff is magic in terms of what it does, I mean it turns blue! Once it's all evenly dispersed you let it sit for around 5 minutes. Now normally I'm a right little daredevil and I'll leave it on a little longer, but with this stuff being hot and all that I didn't really want to risk it! To take it off I'll use a wet muslin cloth or a face towel using warm water. You don't need to rub the mask off  at all, It's quite fuss free and just slides off. Now I've used this stuff a handful of times and I have to say it's a little temperamental, the first time I used it my skin felt amazing! Super soft and I did see a change in how visible my pores were. But the second time when I first squeezed the cream out there was a little bit of water that had set towards the bottom of the tube and so when I massaged it onto my skin it wasn't dry. It mean that the steps merged into one and once I had washed it off my skin felt good but not great? It also felt a little dry which was a bit odd because the first time and the last time that I've used this stuff my skin felt really soft and full of moisture! I used it again last night before bed and my skin this morning feels gorgeous! So I'm going to keep using it, I think the more I use it the more I'll love it! And although I don't think this is something to use every day I think it's nice to use when you're having a little pamper session! If you're on the lookout for a mask that cleanses and minimises your pores then this is the one for you!


p.s if you love Soap and Glory as much as I do make sure you check out my other blog posts and reviews!




No comments:

Post a Comment