Sunday 8 November 2015

THE WHEEL OF LIGHT

Happy Sunday Everyone! The festival of Diwali has started for me and I love changing things up in the living room with lights and candles, I was going to upload a room tour for you guys but all my Diwali decorations seem to have gone walkabout! So instead I have 'The Wheel Of Light'! Leicester is known for a lot of things and one of those things are the Diwali lights on the golden mile. This year the lights were revamped with the illuminations stretching further than ever before. Masses of people make their way to Leicester for the celebrations each year and to create an even bigger buzz, this year we also had a 'Leicester Eye' style ferris wheel erected on Belgrave Road! The wheel stands at 100 feet and in all honesty just look spectacular! 


My amazing brother Rikhil Majithia has taken a bunch of photos of the wheel and he has very generously agreed to let me use a few for this weeks blog post! Please feel free to check out his Instagram and also his blog - AutoFocus! Back to the wheel and its amazingness, we went to go see the wheel pretty much as soon as it was there and I am so glad I did! As we approached it I was wetting myself, I'm not very good with heights and I always think back to the scene in Beverly Hills Cop when the wheel in the movie falls into bits .. my experience with this wheel was thankfully nothing like that! Yay! It was £5 a person which was an okay price and it goes around three times. Now we went on in the evening and so the view unfortunately weren't really that great? I suppose it may be better during the day but I'm not planning to go on the wheel again until it moves into the city centre for Christmas! I'm sure I'll put up a few cheeky instas when I do eventually go on again! 


Hope you guys enjoyed this weeks post as well as the amazing visuals! Rikhil is extremely talented and I'm so glad we get to work together on these kind of posts! Let me know if you guys have been on the wheel or if you are planning to do so once it's in the centre for Christmas time! Just a quick mention, I think I'm going to try and do Blogmas this year! Last year I did my own little version with two to three posts a week but I may up the ante and try a post every day! I'm making no promises but let me know if that's something you'd enjoy! Have a lovely week and I shall see you again next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment