Sunday 9 March 2014

THE PASTEL TREND - WOMENSWEAR

Like clockwork pastels have hit the high street for spring, each year retailers release pastels and neons to bring some colour back into our lives after a cold winter. Pastels are a great way to add a spring back into your step and this year I am spotting a lot of ice-cream pastels! Below I have presented a look that I have put together to represent this trend.

THE PASTEL TREND - WOMENSWEAR

THE PASTEL TREND - WOMENSWEAR by primal-m 

Whenever styling an outfit I always use a particular item to use as the foundation and in this case I used the statement necklace that I spotted in River Island. This was the perfect base as it had the right ice-cream tones that I was looking for, using the necklace as a guide I began searching for some jeans and a top. I found some jeans from Topshop that were an amazing pastel bubblegum pink, it is a very similar hue to the rope used on the necklace! Because the bottoms are a pink tone I knew I wanted to the top to be a blue and I ended up seeing this beautiful chiffon top in Topshop, now the top was in mint but I actually preferred this colour because it made the blue in the necklace pop! To finish the outfit off I thought I would incorporate another popular spring trend, neons. I love using neons to add some depth to an outfit but I think it has to be done in a simple yet effective way and so I thought to use an acid yellow pointed court shoe from Aldo and a lime shopper bag from Miss Selfridge! Now I know sometimes this amount of colour can seem a little frightening and so I made sure that each piece featured can be used individually to add a small touch of the trend!

Yellow High Heeled Pointed Court Shoe | Pink Joni Jeans | Lime Slouchy Shopper Bag | Light Pink Rope Statement Necklace | Split Side Chiffon Tee

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank You!! It took me a while to put it together but It works really good as a whole! :) x

      Delete