Wednesday 8 October 2014

THE LFW TRIP

Happy Sunday everyone! A few weeks ago one of my amazing friends invited me to go London Fashion Weekend with her, I was super excited of course. In fact I was so excited I planned what I was gonna wear the very same night she had asked me ... #EagerBeaver! The day finally came around and me and Suki headed to the train station to set off on our journey, we left quite early in the morning so by the time we got there it had just gone 10am. Now, a few years ago I would have been useless in London because I had absolutely no idea how the tubes work but over the past couple of times that I've been I have really learnt a lot and now I'm an underground pro! The event was at Somerset House but we had a few hours before we needed to pick up our tickets so we did what anyone else would think ... Food and Shopping! Our first stop was Liberty's, I've been to London a few times and I've  always wanted to have a bit of a mooch, so we walked around for a while and had a look at some amazing scarf displays ...  I was too scared to take a picture because this woman was full-on staring at me, sorry guys! 

 

We then headed to Oxford Street and did a little window shopping before we went to Vapiano's for some lunch. Lunch wasn't the highlight of our day, lets leave it at that. But once we had some food in us we picked up a Starbucks and decided to head over to the event ... I really fancied  a frappuccino, it was super warm and I had decided on an all black outfit!



Anyway, we headed off to Somerset House and walked over to the Box Office to pick up our tickets! There was a bit of a kerfuffle at this point because no one knew where our tickets were, I'm not gonna lie, I began to panic a little! Until the lady that was behind the competition came to our rescue and found our tickets!! We were in! However my joy only lasted a while because, well, to me it was kind of like the Clothes Show without the fashion show, which is always the best bit! Nevertheless we still walked around and had a good look at all of the stalls, one stall in particular I was super excited about was 'Jump From Paper' the designs of their bags were just a-mazing! They were one of the most friendliest stalls around and really interacted with their guests! I even got to take away a Polaroid picture with one of the bags! ❥ I've popped some pictures below for you guys to see. They all look like pop-art inspired drawings but they're bags! Mind Blown. We then walked to the back and had a little sit down, my feet were killing me at this point and our train wasn't until 8 in the evening, so we had to come up with a plan!

 

We didn't quite know what to do, we were thinking of going to a park and just chill for the rest of the day but in the end we went to the V&A museum! And it was so interesting, I want to go back again because I am sure that there's something that I've probably missed! We spent most of our time in the courtyard where they had this super cool water feature, it wasn't long before the loafers came off and I had a little dip! ... just the feet, I just re-read that and it sounded like I went for a swim haha! 



After a while the tummies started rumbling so we decided to go to a nearby Nandos! I love their Mediterranean Salad, so I had that with some fries and garlic bread .. so yummy! It then started to get a little dark but we still had two hours before we had to be at the station so we went to Buckingham Palace! I don't know if anyone else is like that but I love doing stuff like that and being all touristy, I also love reading about the history behind everything ... again don't know if that's just me being weird! Anyway after saying goodnight to the Queen! It was time to head home ... all in all it was an amazing day trip despite the few dramas of the day! Big love to Suki for asking me to go!
 xxx

Hope you guys enjoyed this post! Let me know if you guys love being all touristy!


No comments:

Post a Comment