Tuesday 30 September 2014

THE PORTFOLIO - THE VINTAGE REFLECTION EDITION

So I am back again today with another edition of 'The Portfolio' however this is gonna be the last one for a while because .. well ... I need to do some more shoots! I would love to know if you guys have any ideas for me! I can always do with a bit of inspiration! Today's post is a shoot I did with a lovely friend I used to work with, Georgina Hitch-Bramwell, she had seen a few of my shoots and wanted to work together to create a vintage inspired shoot! I was super excited because the theme was something I had not done before, so straight away I started doing some research. When I think of vintage I instantly think of Dita Von Teese, I absolutely love her look and I knew that she would be the inspiration behind the make-up and hair. I created a face chart to plan out the look, in the end I kept it very classic with a bold red lip, neutral eye with a cut-crease and some winged liner! To me when I think of the era I think of matte light skin, George loves a bit of tannage and so it took some convincing to get her to let me pale her skin down ...lol! Once we had the look grounded we started to think about the look in terms of the outfit. George had this beautiful black 50's style dress with an underlay of tulle, which added a lot of body to the dress and created this amazing silhouette. To finish off the outfit we added a red tulle scarf, I thought this really rounded the look and tied in the colours! For the hair I did a lot of research to figure out how to create a victory roll, can I say it was really tricky but in the end it worked so well,  What really helped was that George has red hair and once we curled the rest it looked so shiny and sleek! Hope you guys love! 

   

Stylist, Photographer, Hair and Make-up - Primal | Model - Georgina Hitch-Bramwell


No comments:

Post a Comment