Sunday 26 October 2014

THE MAN FLU

Happy Sunday Everyone! Its been a bit of a poo week ... I have the flu or a cold ... no idea but I'm not well that's for sure ☹ I don't really get ill very often but when I do its like the worlds coming to an end! So I thought I would take this opportunity to tell you guys what gets me through The Man Flu! I always get a sore throat when I'm gonna be ill and most of the time I nip it in the bud with a good ol' cup of Lemsip, for some reason Lemsip tastes better when you're ill ... does anybody else feel that? I tend to go for the Lemon and Honey or Blackcurrant ones, my mum bought the Lemon and Menthol one the other day and I was not a fan of that one ... at all. I also saw a Christmassy one in Boots the other day!? Anyway if that doesn't work I know that I'm gonna fall ill. I can normally power through it for a few days but I tend to just crumble after that and lock myself in my bedroom and try to sleep it off. Another good thing to help a sore throat is Honey Tea, which in my case is a blob of honey and some hot water. Honey is really good for you and helps soothe and calm the nerves in your throat. My mum always says she can really tell when I'm poorly because I become very quiet and my appetite dissapears ... over the last few days I've been living off soup and toast. Probably not the best thing in the world because I'm not eating enough and I don't think that really helps but I just don't feel anything else. I don't know if this happens to anyone else but it all seems to get a lot worse towards the evening ... that's when I really start feeling sorry for myself. So I usually pop on the kettle and make myself a Honey Tea or a Lemsip depending on when I had my last one and run myself a bath. A Radox muscle soak is just the best when you're not feeling yourself, the scent isn't overpowering and it's really relaxing. I feel like I'm just rambling now ... but I'm poorly so don't be too hard on me! Anyway I'm gonna go back to watching some bad daytime TV and have some soup! Let me know what you guys do when you're not feeling too good! I'll be back next week hopefully feeling a lot better! 


No comments:

Post a Comment