Sunday 29 January 2017

THE CHAMPNEYS REVIEW - CLOUD 9 INDULGENT AND DETOX CANDLE

Happy Sunday Everyone! Candles have been all over my house recently, something about Winter just means candles, you get it right? I've been burning the candles I picked up from The Body Shop but there's not much left and so I was digging through my Christmas goodies to look for a Champneys Candle Set that I was given for Christmas!


I've never used a candle from Champneys before and so I'm quite excited to start burning them! I've tried a few hand creams and things but haven't really gone ham when going through the Champneys aisle in Boots! But that's why I love Christmas so much! You get things that you normally wouldn't pick up, I love it! The set comes with two beautiful candles in white jars with some cute quotes, I'm already thinking about what I can do with the jars once they've burnt through! Haha! The first of the candles has a teal font with the quote 'as Good as New' and the scent of the candle is called 'Detox'. Now I looked everywhere and I couldn't actually find a description of the scent, so I'm gonna have to wing it! I would describe the scent to have a herbal base but also spicy? I can imagine being in a spa and using a scrub with this scent ... it kind of smells gritty? I'm bad at describing scents! I do think however the scent in the jar is a bit overwhelming? But I feel like it would smell so nice once it's lit and it's in the air!? Haha! The second of the duo has a purple colour way with the quota as 'a Well Earned treat' and a treat it sure is! The scent Cloud 9 Indulgence is a lot softer, like a lotion almost but in candle form! It has a subtle floral note but isn't sweet in any way! And whereas Detox to me is more of a bathroom scent this one is going to take pride of place in my room! I hope you guys enjoyed this post! See you next Sunday for another dose of Prim!

No comments:

Post a Comment