Sunday 15 January 2017

THE BODY SHOP REVIEW - ETHIOPIAN HONEY MASK

Happy Sunday Everyone! As you may know from my last post I was quite poorly over the first week of this year, I ended up being sick off of work all week and spent my time with some lemsip and disney movies! Because I wasn't doing my face over the week I had barely looked at my skin properly until I started to feel slightly better over the weekend and decided to head out for a bit of food shopping ... oh my lord was my skin in a state! It had got super dry and flaky, not nice I know but that was the reality of it! I decided to look into my box of goodies from The Body Shop, yes I have bought so much from there recently that it has to live in a massive box haha! Anyway I thought I would give one of their face masks a try! I already knew I was going to use my MAC Volcanic Ash exfoliator to give my skin a good old scrub but I really needed a moisture boost! Looking through the masks from their range I thought the best one would be the 'Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask' ... a mouthful I know, but oh my does this thing do amazing things for your skin? Yes - yes it does!


Having spent the week living off of honey and lemon the scent was all to familiar ... it has an obvious honey scent which if you love honey it's amazing! But I can't stand the smell of honey, it was too sickly! But don't worry, it's only strong whilst in the jar! Once it's on your face the scent thins out and it's not too bad at all! Because my skin really needed some TLC I really layered this onto my skin, it was a little tricky because of the consistency but I had a spatula that was given to me with the purchase which made it a lot easier! The website states that this mask is ideal for those who need or want an intense dose of replenishing moisture to help the skin feel smoother and softer. And that is exactly what it did for my skin after only one use! My skin was instantly nourished and felt much more human! Not only did it pump my skin full of moisture it also made my skin look so much brighter and awake. Now I'm sure the exfoliator I used also helped a fair bit, but I have never had a mask hydrate my skin so much after one use and not feel oily! I tend to use masks to help mattify my face because when my skins normal it tends to get slightly oily and so I use it to combat the oil! But if you have dry skin or even normal skin that sometimes needs a bit of life this is the one for you! The honey in the formula is not only antibacterial but soothing, so it's great if you have sensitive skin! Basically, I can't say enough good things about this mask, I definitely recommend you try it out! I hope you guys enjoyed this post! See you next Sunday for another dose of Prim!

No comments:

Post a Comment