Sunday 22 January 2017

THE DISNEY STORE - #827

Happy Sunday Everyone! Last week I said goodbye to a massive part of my life and to celebrate the many years and memories I've had there, I thought I would dedicate a post in this little world I've created to The Disney Store. For those of you who are from Leicester the store has been around for a long time and a lot of people have grown up with the store. On Saturday the 14th of January the store created its very last magical moments before the shutters were closed and the lights were turned off for the last time in forever.


I joined Team Mickey a week after my 18th Birthday, I remember that week being so stressful! I had interviewed a week before my Birthday and it was a super last minute application ... I didn't know if I was ready for the commitment of a job at the time but something made me head into the store and hand my CV in. The next day I got a call to ask if I would be okay to come in for an interview ... of course I said yes but it was my first interview and so I really didn't know what to expect! Now because it was my first interview I really didn't know how dressed up to go, so I went smart-cas with a shirt, cardigan and a scarf ... which came in super handy later on! They did a group interview and asked a little about ourselves. One of the questions they asked is always a massive talking point whenever we'd discuss my interview, see they asked me what Disney character I would have on my badge and for some reason I said Kung-Fu Panda! Now my reason why was amazing but Kung-Fu Panda isn't Disney! Which the store manager at the time really wasn't impressed with but I was allowed another chance, Jamie if you're reading this I'm suure you were in the room at the time haha!! At the time I was doing a fashion course around Alice in Wonderland and so I chose the Mad Hatter! Boom! Won him back round again! They then asked us all to break for 30 minutes and said that they would call us back if we would be moving through to the second half! I remember this break like yesterday! I decided to go for a Starbucks and managed to spill some on my shirt! Remember the scarf I talked about earlier ... #Saviour! Haha! The second half of the interview seemed to go really well and at the interview we were told we would be called within the next week or so to let us know! Well after two weeks I gave up and thought it wasn't going to happen! That was until Jamie called me on my lunch break at college, I think on Tuesday to see if I could start on Thursday ... Ermm yes please!


Six months on from my first day I was told that I had passed my probationary period and would become a permanent Cast Member! I remember being told the news on stage and feeling so relieved that I had passed! In those months I felt a part of the disney family and I never wanted that feeling to end! Speaking of my disney family it only seems right to talk about all of the amazing people that I've met throughout my time at Disney! When I started I honestly didn't think I would make so many friends whilst I was working there let alone making friends for life! I worked with a lot of Cast Members, some who had been there for years before I started and some that started after me. Each person has had such a positive impact on my life and I am so thankful to have shared time with them! I know I don't see a lot of you that much anymore, but if you're reading this post just know that you helped shape me to be the person I am today. For those of you who I am still lucky enough to be in touch with, I'm sorry ... you're stuck with me and I ain't going anywhere haha! But on a serious note thank you Team 827, you've all given me so many amazing memories that I'll treasure for life ... #CastMemberReunion anyone? I spent the next few years at the store learning more and more every day! It wasn't long before I was named Cast Member of the Quarter, became a Disney Ambassador and also one of the Visual Merchandisers for the store! I had that many pins that I had to pick my favourites to display proudly on my shirt haha! It's weird to think how much of an impact Disney had on my life ... for those of you have been in my life you'll know I wasn't always the Prim I am today. I was a shy quiet character that was bullied into thinking I couldn't be myself. Without getting super deep and emotional I owe a huge thank you the store and all of the people that I worked with.


I really hope you guys enjoyed this post ... If i'm completely honest this post is for me more than anyone else, Disney was always will be a big part of me and I wanted it to have its own little place on my Blog too! Have a magical week guys and I'll see you next Sunday for another dose of Prim!


Laughter is timeless, Imagination has no age and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment