Sunday 15 May 2016

THE CRAFTISAN BAY SPRING FAIR - SUKI SABUR DESIGNS

Happy Sunday Everyone! I've had such a chilled weekend, I'm not quite ready for Monday to come around again ... anyway this week I wanted to share some amazing work that one of my besties has been working on for a while. A few weeks ago Suki and I headed down to St Martins House in Leicester for The Craftisan Bay Spring Fair. Suki had a stall at this years fair and it was one of her firsts for this season, she had prepped weeks in advance and had so many amazing pieces hand crafted to sell at the fair. Suki needed someone to go along with her and I was so excited to go along and help out!


It was an early start but a very rushed one too, I am in no way an early bird and I'm late about 99% of the time haha! I had everything planned out but there's always something that takes me off schedule and on that morning it was my choice of outfit! I really wanted to wear something that would compliment Sukis lovely work and I have this soft blush pink top that I wanted to wear ... of course it didn't quite pan out like that and instead I ended up in all black! We managed to find the place pretty quickly, I had an idea of where it would be so it wasn't too bad however I don't think St Martins House is widely known within Leicester? It may just be me though! Anyway we got there just in time for our slot in the car park to offload, Suki had a lot of stuff both design wise and also to display her designs on. Half an hour later we were back in the car to park it at the NCP nearby before heading back to start setting up. It was a beautiful day and the grand hall  had large windows that lit up the room! It actually took a while to set up, a lot longer than I thought it would but it looked really good once we had finished off the displays! It wasn't until we had stopped that we had a chance to look around the room and take in the work that was set up around us. Each stall was different, they all had their own style and flare, it really was super cool! Suki has always had such beautiful vision and to me there really is no surprise at how well she has been doing. The scarves that Suki designs are honestly something else, she hand draws each design by scale before painting them with gouache and adding dimensions by shading with pencil. The initial designs were planned out in May 2015 and the collection wasn't finalised until the end of the year! The amount of effort, detail and time that goes into each of the scarves that Suki makes is out of this world! It felt so lovely being able to help out someone so passionate, the day honestly flew by! At one point we both realised that we hadn't eaten anything all day and if you know me you know that I love food! I was adamant that I wasn't hungry but it did honestly get to a point where I caved and had to eat something and I mean some real food not the jelly beans that Suki had laid out on the table haha! I ended up eating a baguette super quick behind one of the displays Suki had up ... I mean I didn't want to put anyone off the beauties that Suki had on the stall haha! The end of the day came around super quick, you know what they say? Time flies when you're having fun! I almost didn't want the day to end but then again I really wanted to just take my shoes off too haha! It got to about 15 minutes before the end of the fair and you started to hear tiny little rustles of people starting to pack away. Suki and I started to slowly pack things away too ... well it escalated quickly because each and every stall basically decided it was the end and started bringing down their stalls, it was hilarious! The room was soon empty and all the colours that had earlier bought the room to life was packed away into boxes, crates and bags!


I am honestly so proud that I could be a part of Sukis journey, she is so crazy talented and I know she is on her way to something special! It would mean a lot to me if you would head over to her website and her Etsy shop and take a look at some of her amazing designs! Be sure to let her know if you like anything, she is such a sweet and lovely friend. She really deserves all the success that's coming her way! I've left a few of Sukis links below for you all! I hope you have a lovely week and I shall see you again on the next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment