Sunday 18 January 2015

THE NEW GLASSES

Happy Sunday Everyone! Tragedy struck on Thursday, Yep! I broke my glasses ... now don't panic, I spent most of the day in contacts and I did manage to fix them ... kind of. I bought some good old super glue and forced them back together. I've had my glasses for a few years now and I absolutely love them, they're from the Gok Wan range at Specsavers. It took a lot for me to get these because at the time I was wearing some pretty mundane glasses and compared to my old ones these are completely out there! But the inner diva in me needed this pair. There was a slight worry because the frame is quite round and I was nervous that it was going to emphasise the roundness of my face shape. However the moment I put them on ... they just felt right you know?



When my glasses broke I began to panic because I don't have a back up pair, in fact I haven't even thought about picking up a pair as a back up until now! With that in mind I was straight onto the Specsavers website to see what they had to offer ... and I was not dissapointed! The price range of the frames are fantastic they have budget frames from as low as £25 but they also offer the higher end brand if you wanted to splash a little more! I've had a look through all the black frames they offer for men and I was really surprised at the variety they have online! I know I want quite a prominent frame and so the larger frames definitely stuck out for me! Here's what I found!

DINO - I consider these frames to be an absolute bargain, I am yet to see any of these frames in the flesh so I may completely change my mind but from the photos they all look pretty good! You can get a pair of Dinos for just £45! They are a black rectangular frame and I absolutely love them!

FLEXI 80 - These frames come at a higher price of £99 but oh my how beautiful are they! I'm used to having a thicker frame so I'm not sure how these would look on me but I absolutely love the style. The front of the frames have a shiny black finish with a keyhole bridge. The sides are made from a flexible metal which is supposed to boost the comfort factor!

BO 0088 - These are the first higher/designer brand frames I came across on the site from Boss Orange, they are £125 so definitely something to look at if you are willing to spend a little extra. The frame on this is super thick which really draws me in! I think these would be amazing to wear and can't wait to see what they look like on! The frame has a wood like grained texture which isn't something I've seen much of!

KL 05 - The first of two frames that I spotted from the Karl Lagerfeld section on the website, these super quirky frames are £125. I've looked at a few tortoise shell frames and these are one of my favourites! Although they are super out there! I absolutely love the angular shape of the frame ... not too sure on how I feel on the silver sides though. I think they would look amazing if they were tortoise shell all over!

EOT BEHOLDER - These chunky frames are from a brand called Cheap Monday which I haven't really heard of before but I love the range they have! At £99 you can get this frame in black or tortoise shell. Again I would need to try them on to see how they look but I would get either of them! They even have a little skull emblem on the sides!

KL 01 -  Last but not least are these second frames I saw in the Karl Lagerfeld section! Once again these designer frames come in at £125, they come in a black or a brown/grey gradient frame. I much prefer the black from the two, mainly because black goes with everything so they would be really easy to work with. The frames come with clear accents to add that little flare which I think is super cool!


The New Glasses

I'm at a bit of a loss and really need your help! I have no idea yet as to which frames I prefer from the bunch I saw online and so would I would really love to hear what you guys think! Let me know which ones are your favourite! Or even if there are any brands I should be looking at! Leave your comments below!

Specsavers Dino | Specsavers Flexi 80 | Boss Orange BO 0088 | Karl Lagerfeld KL 05 | Cheap Monday EOT Beholder | Karl Lagerfeld KL 01




No comments:

Post a Comment