Sunday 2 April 2017

THE LUSH REVIEW - FIVE O'CLOCK WHISTLE SHAVE CREAM

Happy Sunday Everyone! Today we're looking at another shaving cream from those wonderful people at Lush, 'Five O'Clock Whistle'! This isn't the first shaving cream I have reviewed, I also did a review for 'Prince' not too long ago which you can read by clicking 'here'! I was honestly quite blown away with how good Prince was and so I thought I would try one of the other shaving creams Lush have to offer!


So right off the back with first impressions, the scent! It smells just like Soap and Glory's sugar crush range ... but manlier? The cream has a mixture of coffee, lavender, virgin olive oil and fresh lime juice which probably gives it sugar crush vibes! Unfortunately the smell is where the positives seem to stop. I found the formula to be quite different from Prince, this seems to be a bit more thin and watery? I found myself using quite a bit to get an even layer of the cream before I could start shaving. When I did eventually begin shaving I didn't get a close enough shave leaving my face quite patchy ... and I actually did have to go over the areas quite a few times to get the shave I desired. I will say that once I had finished shaving my skin did feel nourished to the touch but actually I could feel that the skin was quite irritated, possibly because I was going over the areas that I couldn't shave properly. I was a little disappointed to say the least and so I kept trying, with different razors, by prepping the face ... but I just didn't get the same payoff. Unfortunately for me this is something that I don't see myself picking up again, however I will definitely be going back in to pick up another tub of Prince! I hope you guys found this post useful, let me know if you've had any experiences with 'Five O'Clock Whistle', how did you get on? Hope you all have a great week and I'll see you next Sunday for another dose of Prim!

No comments:

Post a Comment