Sunday 21 May 2017

THE KIEHL'S REVIEW - LITE ELITE SHAVE CREAM

Happy Sunday Everyone! Something exciting happened a few weeks ago ... Leicester finally got a Kiehl's! My lovely friend Wendy from work popped in not too long after their opening and said how lovely and cute their space was and I knew I had to pay them a visit. Now, I have been to a Kiehl's before but didn't pick anything up, the ranges are more on the pricey side and so I wanted to really get a feel of the things that they have before I took the plunge! Now, when I did pop in I had a quick look around and saw a few things that I wanted ... but it was a week or two before payday and so I didnt go too crazy! The reason I went into town was because I needed a new shaving cream ... so when I saw one in Kiehl's I knew it was meant to be!


I have done a number of reviews on different shave creams on my blog and honestly they are one of my favourite types of posts to write! The shave cream I picked up is called the 'Lite Elite Shave Cream', when I initially saw it in the store one of the main reasons I picked it up was because of the 'Close Shave' claim on the lid! I have quite a distinct shape when it comes to my facial hair, I have a shaped goatee-tach situation but then everywhere else on my fave is shaved. I always aim for the closest shave possible, to the point where I have hacked at my face to get the shave I needed! So I was super excited to see if the claims they made were true! The cream is actually super thick which at first I found difficult to work with, I had to really buff the cream into the skin to think it out slightly and this is where the first con comes into play. Because the cream is so think I find myself using a lot of product to cover the areas of the face that I need to shave. I think if you had somewhere to work the cream into a lather before you applied it, almost like a palette of some sort, it would be easier to work with and you wouldn't use as much! That however is where the negatives end. The cream has a lovely subtle floral scent, it isn't overpowering at all but it's lovely! It has also has a lot of super amazing ingredients, I won't bore you with the details but it left my skin feeling amazing! Now to the claim that led me to buy the shave cream in the first place! I was ridiculously impressed at how close the shave was whilst using this cream! It wasn't as close as I thought it would be but it is the closest shave I have ever had! I loved using this, a part of me is actually super sad right now because I know that I have hit the bottom of the tub and I only have a few uses left! Kiehl's here I come! Hope you all have a great week and I'll see you next Sunday for another dose of Prim!

No comments:

Post a Comment