Sunday 13 March 2016

THE SCENT | RIVER ISLAND - BLACK

Happy Sunday Everyone! Apologies have to come first ... I was actually supposed to be back on Friday for the last two Insta-Diaries except ... I forgot! But don't fret! It will make it's way over on here soon! Even if I upload three next month! Back to today though I have something new for you guys, a fragrance review! I haven't done one of these before but in the past month I've really had this urge to build a collection of scents! Like always before I buy anything I like to read about it online! This is where I really saw the lack of male bloggers in the blogosphere and it's honestly such a shame! So I'm going to try and fill that void with any of the little things I notice isn't quite out there and the first thing on my list is a few reviews of male beauty products! So! Lets start off with one of the scents I've picked up recently!


When it was my birthday two of my gorgeous besties took me on a day out to Nottingham for food and shopping! We headed to the intu shopping centre, I've not been there since my mum and dad were together and we used to go back to my grandparents in Nottingham. I couldn't remember if it looked the same or different but I did remember the little fountain outside of The Disney Store ... that definitely bought back a few memories. Anyway! Back to the scent, the one store I really went for it was River Island. I was on the look for some Chelsea boots but nothing really took my fancy, next to the shoes though was a little display where they had a few scents. One that caught my eye was 'Black', first of all I fell in love with the packaging. I loved the sleek cube bottle in a classy black shade with the crisp gold branding! At £15 I would have bought it just to make my desk look pretty but I had a little spritz and I really loved it! When I'm normally shopping around for a new fragrance I usually go for a light and fresh scent, sweet or something with a kick of citrus! This however was the polar opposite, it was ... manly? That's really the only way I can describe it. It's a little more warmer and darker than what I normally go for. I'm really rubbish with describing scents so I went straight to the River Island website to have a look at what the notes in the scent are from. River Island describes 'Black' as a modern aromatic scent with essence of mandarin, lavender, pineapple, geranium, pink pepper, patchouli and leather! So there's a lot packed into this little bottle but that's why I think I love it so much, it's like a fragrance cocktail! When I first spritz this on you're really hit with the leather notes but through the day the floral and fruity scents seem to make an appearance! If you're on the look out for something that smells high end but is super affordable I would definitely recommend giving this a try!

I really hope you guys enjoyed this little review! I'm going to try and do a few more of these kinds of blog posts so keep your eye out! Have a lovely week and I shall see you on the next one!


No comments:

Post a Comment