Wednesday 14 December 2016

THE JO MALONE REVIEW - LIME BASIL AND MANDARIN | THE TWELVE DAYS OF BLOGMAS

Happy Wednesday Everyone! And welcome to Day Seven of The Twelve Days of Blogmas! If you read 'Day Three' of Blogmas you'll know that I was recently in London! Now, I've been to London a  number of times, which of course means I've also been down Oxford Street a number of times! What I haven't done though is been into Selfridges! I've wanted to go for a very long time ... and each time I go to London I always try to fit it in. But if I'm completely honest with you, by the time I've worked myself down Oxford Street towards Selfridges ... I'm knackered! I just never have the energy to go on! However this time round it was definitely going to happen! Tara needed to go to Balenciaga within Selfridges and I was more than happy to go with her! Selfridges is massive, and really that is a whole blog post within itself! This post isn't about Selfridges but more about what I bought when I was there ... my very first Jo Malone fragrance!


The price point on the Cologne is expectedly quite high, but you're not just buying a fragrance with a purchase like this one ... you're buying the brand too. It was £43 for the smaller bottle which is 30ml, in all honesty it's more cost effective to buy the bigger bottle but as you can imagine the price tag is also higher! And so, I thought for my first fragrance I would test the waters with a smaller bottle to see how I get on. In terms of my personal taste I much prefer a citrus based scent and after sampling a few options I decided on the Lime Basil and Mandarin Cologne. The fragrance has a top, heart and base note, all which work together to create an immense scent. The Mandarin is the most prominent in the scent and really sets the tone for the fragrance. At first you are hit with a very fresh and tart scent, this comes from Mandarin blended with Lime to give you the main notes of citrus. Once the scent settles the top notes also begin to settle allowing the heart of the scent to take centre stage. The basil within the fragrance works so beautifully against the citrus notes. It adds warmth and depth to the scent with a peppery edge. Speaking of warmth, the base note of amber wood adds additional depth with an amber-like scent! I am in love with this scent, it has so many dimensions and lingers on the skin beautifully ... my bank account may be feeling sorry for itself but my sense of smell could not be happier! I think this is the beginning of a beautiful new relationship, I really can't wait to explore the other fragrances Jo Malone has to offer! Have you guys tried any fragrances from Jo Malone? If so let me know what you thought of them! I would love to hear your thoughts! I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I shall see you again on Wednesday for another edition of The Twelve Days of Blogmas!


| The Twelve Days Of Blogmas |


No comments:

Post a Comment