Sunday 1 March 2015

THE BIRTHDAY PAMPER SESSION

Happy Sunday Everyone! This week I'm giving you guys the low down on my annual pamper session! Now I actually have a few pamper sessions but this one always seems a little bit more special because I always do it a few days before my Birthday! I've been doing this for a few years now and it's become a bit of a tradition for me! So I'm gonna take you through the steps I follow and also the products I like to use!


So! The pamper session begins with a face scrub and a good old steam! This year I used my Bulldog Original Face Scrub which featured in 'The Skincare Review - Bulldog' In previous years I've used the Grapefruit scrub from Neutrogena which leaves your face feeling super refreshed and awake! I applied the scrub quite liberally over my face, normally I would leave it on for a few minutes and wash off with a warm muslin cloth. However every now and then I like to have a steam whilst the scrub is still on! Steaming is really good for your skin as it can help unclog pores and also remove blackheads. I steamed for a round 10 minutes and then used a muslin cloth to remove the scrub. At this point there was a visible difference in my skin and it felt super smooth! You could stop here and apply some moisturiser or what I like to do is to pop on a Lush Face Mask! I've tried a few face masks but my all time favourite is Love Lettuce! It just leaves my skin feeling rejuvenated and clean! Once I've applied the mask I run myself a lovely warm bath ... I mean what is a pamper session without a bath! This year I picked up an Avobath! If you haven't visited Lush you need to go and take a good whiff of this bath bomb! Oh my it smells good! The bomb is packed with Olive Oil, Lemongrass, Bergamot Oils and most importantly mashed Avocado! I love how soft and nourished this leaves your skin, it's really good if you have problems with dry skin. The bomb transforms the water into a lovely shimmering green! If a want to have a little something extra I like to use the Prince Charming shower gel which was included in 'The Lush Haul - Valentine Edition'. I usually take my mask off in the bath because it's less messy? Another thing I love about Love Lettuce is that it has almond shells in the formula. so I like to wash it off in circular motions and this way you're exfoliating your skin at the same time! By this point my skin feels like heaven! The final step but I think the most important step is to make sure you lock in the softness and radiance with a good moisturiser! I've been loving the Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Moisture Cream which featured in 'The Bathroom Shelf'. 

Whether it's a special occasion or not, sometimes you need a good pamper session to relax and unwind! Let me know what you guys like to do when you want to pamper yourself! Leave your comments or blog posts below! I'd love to have a read! Hope you guys enjoyed this post and I'll be back again on Sunday with another post!

Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Moisture Cream | Avobath | Original Face Scrub | Love Lettuce | Prince Charming 


No comments:

Post a Comment