Saturday 20 September 2014

THE PORTFOLIO - THE ROUGE EDITION

We're back with the second edition of 'The Portfolio' and this week I am looking back at a shoot I did for a piece made in my first year doing fashion. The brief was all about nature, we looked at a few designers and even took a trip down to Bradgate Park. One of my main inspirations were some stones and pebbles I had seen at the bottom of a small waterfall, I had a closer look at them to figure out my colour palette. In the end I went for a dirty grey colour which closely resembled the pebbles. I knew I wanted something quite ethereal but dramatic and so I added some fringing around the yolk of the top, this also acted as a nod to the waterfall. Around this time I was very into statement shoulder pieces ans the drama of the fringing just was not enough for me! I created some shoulder pads using some pieces of fabric that I stitched into using some silver thread, I used silver thread to represent the reflections in the water. The make-up was extremely minimal on the eyes, just a stone coloured shadow through the crease with some liner and eyelashes. We chiseled the cheekbones with some contouring and finished off the look with a dramatic velvet red lip!
Hope you guys like how it all turned out, I know I did! Let me know what you guys think!

 
 
 
 

Hair and Make-up - Zkia Sheikh | Model - Kelly Seare | Photographer, Stylist and Designer - Primal Majithia


No comments:

Post a Comment