Sunday 18 October 2015

THE HAIR ROUTINE - WAVEY QUIFF

Happy Sunday Everyone! So a while back I uploaded 'The Hair Routine', it was the first time I ever really did anything beauty related but so many of you seemed to love it! I've been wearing my hair the same-ish ever since then until quite recently. As you guys can tell I've been testing out quite a lot of different hair care recently, such as the Lee Stafford Hair Growth Range and also on a trip to Boots I picked up a bottle of Bouffe - Dry Spray!


I was just playing around with my hair, sometimes I find that's when you get the best results and I stumbled across this little do! As always I like to start off with my hair wet, it just means I can work in any product I like to use easily. I tend to use my Lee Stafford Hair Growth Serum first, not only does this help keep my hair healthy but it also adds a little bit of grip. I then use some Elnett Satin Heat Protection to keep my hair safe from heat. Using a pin tail comb I start off blow drying my hair backwards, this will help create the height and volume I want. Once my hair is kind of dry I then like to take a round barrel brush, I use this to brush my hair in circular motions. This technique is also really good for creating volume but personally I tend to use it to help create a wave. I'll do this until my hair is completely dry.. I then take my pin tail comb again and section my hair ready for my Bouffe Dry Spray! This stuff is amazing, I only bought the stuff because I thought it was dry shampoo but it's actually more of a texturising spray. It also gives off some dark brown pigment, this mainly targets re-growth but also would be really good if you have thin hair like me because it gives the illusion of thicker hair. Once the spray is in and dry I then use my fingers to work it in ... now a word of warning, because its so highly pigmented it will transfer onto your fingers! But I look past that because it does wonders for my hair! Because I've basically just messed my hair up whilst working the product in I like to go back over with a comb and if I have some spare time I'll work a little more on creating a wave! To create the wave I usually section my hair at the front in two, create a victory roll style-majig and pin it in using a hair grip, I'll do each one in the opposite direction. Once this has set, I'll again go with the comb, A - to comb out the curl I've made so it's more of a wave and B - to set everything in place. I then use my fingers to get everything to sit right before applying a mist of hairspray!


I really hope you guys enjoyed this post, sorry if it was a little bit rambly! I really enjoyed working on these kind of posts, I don't tend to do tutorials often but I like to do them every now and again to mix things up! I'm super excited to share my posts over the next few weeks, things are going to get autumnal / halloweeny! Hope you guys have a lovely week and I shall see you next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment