Sunday 26 July 2015

THE MENTAL HEALTH CHARITY - MIND

Happy Sunday Everyone! So I never really discuss my 'work' life on here but one thing I will let you know is that I work with a lot of amazing people. One special person I would love to mention is a very lovely friend, Mandie! I've not worked with Mandie for very long but she is such a warm and welcoming person. I remember when I first started I was really nervous but Mandie was so lovely to me and we became good friends in no time! ... I mean we have a sing song every day! If that's not the definition of friendship I don't know what is! Quite recently she's been obsessed with Deacon Blue and Barry Manilow! Hahaha! And on that note back to the post, today I wanted to tell you guys about Mandie and her friend Kim who are doing something amazing at the moment! 

"The mind, like the body is prone to disease or disorder, and we must end the stigma of mental health problems" - Stephen Fry


Mandie and Kim are working their socks off to raise money for Mind, a charity who provide support and advice to anyone experiencing a mental health problem. Now although I have not come across this particular charity before I have had a look at their website on Mandie's recommendation and I have to say the work that they are doing is amazing. It's a subject that many people don't like to talk about but it's out there and there are so many people that need support. I won't go too deep into my personal experiences but I know as well as anyone how important it is to have love and support when you are experiencing mental health issues. These two lovely ladies are hoping to raise £5200 for Mind by trekking for 67km over 5 days through North India at the heart of the world's highest mountain. I mean that's just crazy right? But I know that this is a subject very close to their hearts and they are two very determined ladies! They've been documenting their journey on their facebook page which I'll link down below for you! Please like and share if you can! #SpreadTheWordShareTheLove! So far they have raised £2,282.97 by hosting coffee mornings, waking up at stupid hours of the day for car boot sales and most recently auctioning a signed LCFC football shirt! It means a lot that I have been able to help spread the word and I would love it if we could help Mandie and Kim with the amazing work that they are doing. I have left links to their Facebook and Virgin Money Giving page below, please feel free to donate what you can! Anything we can help raise would mean a lot to Mandie and Kim. I'll leave you guys with a few words from the lovely Mandie herself ...

"We are two mums just trying to make a difference. Any exposure to help with our fund raising would be fab!!!"




No comments:

Post a Comment