Thursday 29 December 2016

THE SCENT - PACO RABANNE INVICTUS | THE TWELVE DAYS OF BLOGMAS

Happy Thursday Everyone! And welcome to Day 11 of The Twelve Days of Blogmas! Eeek, we are so close to the end! I know there were a few scheduling issues ... well a lot considering this series should have finished on Christmas Eve! But it's okay! We're just going to power through and forget that ever happened haha! For today's post I thought I would show you guys one of the gifts I got for Christmas! I'm always looking to expand on my scent portfolio and I'm doing pretty well! I always love it when people buy me fragrances because it's not always something that I would go for but I know I'll love an use ... if that makes sense? Anyway, for Christmas my lovely mum bought me a fragrance by Paco Rabanne! I already have the scent 'Million' which has become a cult classic! But I also now have 'Invictus'!


I generally tend to go for a more citrus based scent or something a little sweet, but this fragrance definitely has more of a woody feel to it. It's definitely a masculine scent! I think the notes that get me and have made me fall in love with the scent is how fresh it is! Sometimes wood based scents can be a bit dull and lifeless however this has some energy kicked back in with the help of some good old grapefruit top notes! If you've read my blog for a while you'll know how much I love grapefruit ... not to eat, but the smell! Once the fragrance has settled in the base notes start to seep through and with the help of some guaiac wood and patchouli amber gris accord, this is really where the magic happens. I would describe this scent as an oxymoron, there's a real clash between the two notes which makes the scent even more exciting! I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Let me know if you've tried this scent or if you have any recommendations! Hope you guys have a lovely day or evening and I shall see you very soon for the final post of The Twelve Days of Blogmas!


| The Twelve Days Of Blogmas |



No comments:

Post a Comment