Saturday 10 December 2016

THE BODY SHOP REVIEW - CHRISTMAS HAND CREAMS | THE TWELVE DAYS OF BLOGMAS

Happy Saturday Everyone! And welcome to Day Five of The Twelve Days of Blogmas! Over the past few weeks I have spent a lot of money, treating myself to a lot of goodies from The Body Shop! One of my lovely team members mum works with The Body Shop ... Hello Carol! And so I take a look at the things I would like and order them through her and Emily brings them into work for me! Although one of my last orders was so big that her arm nearly fell off bringing it down from the car park ... Sorry! You may remember that I did a post very similar to this one last year, feel free to check it out *here* and I really wanted to get my hands on this years collection because I was so happy with them! #SpoilerAlert ... I think I may just love this years collection even more!


All of the hand creams have a beautiful consistency and they have just the right amount of moisture and thickness. Hand creams tend to be on either end of the spectrum, you either get hand creams which are way too thick or they're too thin and be quite watery! These are somewhere in between, they still give an amazing amount of moisture but doesn't take a lot of time to work it into the skin and also doesn't leave your hands feeling wet or sticky! It sinks in beautifully! So, there are three hand creams which all link to the three collections they have for Christmas this year. The first is the 'Frosted Berries', this collection has a strong cranberry top note which are mixed with fresh tones of berries, white flowers, praline and vanilla! This is definitely a vibrant scent and if you're someone who prefers a fruity scent, you're gonna love this one! The next scent, and I think my favourite of them all, is the 'Vanilla Chai'! Whenever I need to pick a flavour of ice-cream, nine times out of ten I'll go for Vanilla! I know that sounds boring but I just love vanilla so much! This collection consists of creamy milk and Madagascan vanilla and although that maybe sounds a bit sickly there are also undertones of warm spices and brown sugar! I would describe the scent to be sweet but really warming, a real evening scent! And like I've said, although I love each of the collections this one is definitely my favourite! The final scent in the collection is 'Spiced Apple', when I smell this one it instantly reminds me of a bathroom scent? I have the candle in this collection and the aroma just fits so well in the bathroom because of how fresh it is. In terms of the scent as a hand cream this is probably my least favourite ... I still love it, and will reach for it every now and again but I tend to grab the other two more often! The freshness of this scent root from the apples, orange and fresh flowers but like the 'Vanilla Chai' this scent also has a warm undertone from probably the most Christmassy scent ever, cinnamon! I think this one is definitely more of a clean / fresh scent, if that makes sense! And actually quite a mix of the other two in the scent. It has a fruity side from the apples and warmth from the cinnamon!


| The Twelve Days Of Blogmas |

No comments:

Post a Comment