Thursday 18 September 2014

THE PORTFOLIO - THE ROUGH EDITION

This is the first edition of 'THE PORTFOLIO', here You guys will be able to take a peek into my collection of photography work. Through my time at college I designed and created a number of outfits, each of which was photographed by yours truly! Now, I am not a professional photographer by any means however I am extremely passionate and proud of my work. 

This particular edition was a summer project before I began my Foundation course in Art and Design, we were sent a pair of Mens briefs in the post and we were told to customise them into something that showcases our personality, or something that inspires us. I wanted to make a statement with my piece, something extravagant, risqué and out there so I decided I wanted to create a statement piece of lingerie. I started by cuttting into them to change the shape and then I dyed them black *black is always the new black folks!* I then hand-stitched a delicate black lace fabric onto each panel. At this point the old pair of briefs were unrecognisable, they had become an intricate piece of womens' lingerie, however I wasn't done yet! I went into town and bought a few brooches which had some beautiful peacock feathers attached to them. I took the brooch apart and removed the peacock feathers which I then used to create a delicate motif on the back #ShakeYourTailFeather and voila! I had created a super sexy piece of underwear which in my mind would fit in amazingly on the Victoria Secret runway!

 
 
 
 
 

Hair and Make-up - Zkia Sheikh | Model - Kelly Seare | Photographer, Stylist and Designer - Primal Majithia



No comments:

Post a Comment