Tuesday 16 September 2014

THE PRIM AND PROPA PROJECT - THE GUNMETAL COLLECTION

So, we have come to the final post from our Prim and Propa series #sadface but we are ending it on a high! The Gunmetal Collection was released on the first birthday of my jewellery line and I wanted to make sure it was released with a bang! For the first time I had someone model the earrings, I asked one of my best friends Emma Szkudlapska, we have done a few shoots together and I had full faith that she would be able to show the earrings off to their highest potential! When I was creating the collection I had a real grey phase ... as in I was obsessed with the colour and also gunmetal jewellery! So I knew I wanted that colour way to be the main inspiration behind the collection. Once the earrings were made and ready me and Emma began researching looks that would go with the earrings, the first thing we had to plan was the hair and make-up and our attention was drawn to Lana Del Rey, I don't know about you guys but I think she is  classic beauty and her look is completely effortless, atleast she makes it look that way! We decided to emphasise the tones in the earrings by using a smoky grey eye with a dramatic crease and winged liner. Because the eyes were so dramatic we kept the lips very nude with a subtle hint of rose. We went classic Hollywood for the hair, with loose curls swept to the side! The hair took us a long time to get right but I love the way it looked in the end! Each of the earrings had a different outfit, each of which was planned on the day, I love that we were experimental with the outfit choices because it really highlighted the versatility off the earrings! To build up the excitement for our first birthday I released an image a day until the big day arrived! The response was immense and if I'm honest it made me a little emotional. Prim and Propa has always been a dream of mine and I couldn't be happier that I am sharing my dream with such lovely people!
xxx

 


I really hope you guys have enjoyed this week of blog posts, Over the next week I have a few exciting things happening! So I can't wait to write it up and share!


No comments:

Post a Comment