Sunday 14 September 2014

THE PRIM AND PROPA PROJECT - THE SWEET-HEARTS COLLECTION

With the Valentines Day just round the corner I wanted to create something a little more playful and bright! Something I have never really worked with is pastels and I wanted to steer clear of the more traditional pinks and red that are associated with the romantic day. I started looking at more pastel colours and noticed that the trend was all over the high street, I even wrote about it in the Pastel Trend post! Once I had decided on the color ways I started thinking about name ideas and also ideas on how to display them for pictures. My first collection I hand designed the backs but for my second collection I actually produced a little set to photograph the earrings on. Next to our studio was a spar store so we would go down there to pick up some snacks ans whatnot and one day I came accross Bassets Allsorts Sweets! It was like one of those light bulb moments if you know what I mean! I picked up a packet and took them back to the studio and started working on a set design, I ended up using the sweets in the set to highlight the pastel tones in the earrings and I thought it looked quite good! So with the set all up and the photos taken I still had to think of a name, with Valentines Day as the main inspiration for the designs I decided to go with The Sweet-Hearts Collection!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment