Tuesday 16 September 2014

THE PRIM AND PROPA PROJECT - THE SKULLS AND ROSES COLLECTION

Welcome back guys! Today I'm giving you a look into The Skulls and Roses Collection! Back when I first stated making jewellery, like way back before I even thought about creating Prim and Propa, the first thing I made were some Skull Earrings. I remember buying a pack of multi-coloured skulls and one night I sat down in my living room got out my pliers and just started making them. I laid them all out once I had finished and felt so proud! Then when me and my friends got our studio I started thinking a little bit more about them and didn't think they were good enough, it wasn't until I started posting pictures on my Instagram that I felt more happy about them. Most of the coloured skulls sold at the Christmas Enterprise Market and I had to look into making more! Now at the time I had just released The Royal Collection and wanted to create something a little more edgier, I then found the skulls in black! ... Anyone who knows me will tell you that black is my all time fave, most of my wardrobe is black! So I started making them in black and also a stoney white! I loved the combination of the two, the colours are so classic and sophisticated yet the skulls are edgy and loud. I knew then that this next collection would be very monochrome! However I couldn't just release the two pairs so I had to start thinking of what else I could create, one of my friends Suki Sabur creates these amazing fabric roses that are really soft and pretty! I wanted to create something similar but with the theme behind the collection being edgy I needed to add something extra ... and so I used leather! Trust me this was not the easy choice because I had to hand sew through the leather and my fingers were extremely sore after but it was totally worth it! I used gunmetal studs to attach the flowers onto and transform them into earrings!
This collection was photographed on the same day as when I shot the pictures for The Buttercup Collection and I really liked the set design and thought it would work super well for this collection too! But I'll let you guys be the judge! Let me know what you guys think!

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment