Wednesday 24 September 2014

THE PORTFOLIO - THE BEDAZZLED EDITION

Hiya guys! I'm back again today with another peak into my portfolio, I really do hope you guys are enjoying these! This specific one took me right outside my comfort zone, I'm never really one to use super bright colours in my pieces and so when our tutor bought us the brief 'Cyber Florals' it's safe to say I was super nervous. We were told to use super bright colours as our inspiration to create some shift dresses. Now if there's one vibrant colour that I am drawn to, it would definitely be teal! So my designs began using teal as my base, I thought it would then be easier to match other colours. But the thing about bright colours is that they don't have to match and you have a lot more creativity! So i just looked at the fabric selection and picked up one of everything! Once I had my fabrics ... believe me fabric was like currency in the room! You had to take it or it was gone! Anyway, as I was saying, once I had my fabrics I sat down and started designing. I created four different designs, let me know what you guys think!

 

My favourite out of the four was the last one, which probably explains why I started to colour it in! No idea why I didn't finish it. As I said earlier I used teal for the base of my shift dress and then I chose lots of random bright fabrics to make the rest of the design. To create the globes of colour I used bondaweb to attach all the different patches together, I then used the sewing machine to stitch around the edges and also to create some texture! Once the dress was complete it was used in the Gateway College Fashion Show, but I had to steal it away afterwards to do a shoot! I knew I wanted to create something extravagant and so I asked one of my best friends to do the Hair and Make-up and she did an amazing job! We took inspiration from the colours we used for the eyes and left the lips bare to keep the drama on the eyes and the dress! The eyebrows were inspired by Ke$has' video for 'We R Who We R' but instead of studs we used sequins! Hope you guys love!

  

Hair and Make-up - Arti Patel | Model - Kelly Seare | Photographer, Stylist and Designer - Primal Majithia


No comments:

Post a Comment