Monday 22 September 2014

THE PORTFOLIO - THE GOLDEN SNOW EDITION

Hi guys! So we've had such a good week with the release of out Etsy Store! But we're back today with the third installment of The Portfolio and today is a super good one! So again this shoot took place a few years ago when I was still at college and this particular project was called Angels, Love Letters, Love Tokens and Treasure Boxes. That was a right mouthful! So anyway, I decided to roll with the love letters part of the brief and started looking at old books with love letters. Now nearly everything I created in my Foundation year was geared towards fashion in some way and so I started to look into how I could link love letters to fashion! One of the tutors was experimenting with magazine pages and calico! She took the calico and applied a whole lot of white acrylic paint on top, she then took the magazinge page and laid in top. After this had dried she scrubbed the magazine paper off with some water and a sponge, the image on the page had transferred onto the calico fabric! Now what I did was take that idea and transferred the love letters onto the calico instead of using pages from a magazine! Now this did not work in excactly the same way, I think part of this is because the magazine pages are glossy whereas the book pages are matte. But either way it worked, and looked amazing! At this point I had already decided that I was going to use the fabric to create some origami flowers, I had been practicing for days to make sure I would get it right. But I still needed something to link the flowers to fashion. One of my main inspirations in the fashion world is millinery legend Phillip Treacy, he is known for creating some of the most amazing hats and headpieces and after looking at his work I knew I wanted to create something using his work to inspire me! And that's exactly what I did! Add some feathers, tassles and my origami flowers and you end up with something a little like this! Hope you guys like! Let me know what you guys think in the comments!


Hair and Make-up - Zkia Sheikh | Model - Kelly Seare | Photographer, Stylist and Designer - Primal Majithia


No comments:

Post a Comment