Friday 25 December 2015

THE FOOD DIARY - THE GRANGE FARM | THE TWELVE DAYS OF BLOGMAS

Happy Friday Everyone and welcome to the final post of 'The Twelve Days Of Blogmas'! I can't believe we've reached the end, let alone the fact that it is officially Christmas Day! I hope you guys have a lovely Christmas no matter what you get up to. Me ... well I'll be spending the day in my jim jams watching some of my favourite movies and eating LOTS of food! Talking of food, for the final Blogmas post I thought I would add to 'The Food Diary'! My last one seemed to go down really well with you guys and so when me and my friends decided to meet up for our annual Christmas meal at The Grange Farm, I decided to 'borrow' my brothers big camera to take lots of photos with!


I love The Grange Farm anyway, but at Christmas time it's so special! We had a table booked for half seven and to my surprise it was quiet! I booked the table about a week before and I honestly wasn't expecting them to say they could squeeze us in! But they could and I'm so glad that we went! The inside is super cosy, it was like eating at home! And the service was fantastic! The waitress we had was so fun and bubbly, it was like she was one of us! When we were seated and comfortable she came over to take our drinks order, as I was driving I went for an amazing mocktail! Annoyingly I can't for the life of me remember what it was called but there's a picture below! If I remember rightly, we were all starving and so we ordered a few starters! If you know me at all, you'll know I love cheese and so it was only fair to order the baked camembert with an onion chutney relish and sourdough bread! Are your mouths watering yet? Because trust me when I say it was so nice! We also got some olives and some garlic bread with cheese ... because the camembert wasn't enough cheese haha! Just as we'd finished our starters the mains began to appear! Now, we had a little bit of a mare with the mains ... I really wanted to have the turkey but they were all out! So instead I had the slow-raosted pork belly with all the trimmings! Apart from it being quite salty, which, to be fair the waitress did warn me about, it was gorgeous! I'm not normally one to eat a lot of my veg but oh my, the parsnips and the carrots were cooked to perfection! Arti and I both had the pork whereas the others went for some of the other options such as the slow-roasted half shropshire chicken, fillet of sea bass and the chicken and leek pie! And all of them looked just as tasty ... apart from the sea bass, but that's just because I don't like fish! After a quick selfie session we then asked for the ever important dessert menu! Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually too fond of chocolate desserts, I'm not going to say no to a chocolate bar but I just prefer something a little more fruity and so I decided to go for the cherry bakewell panna cotta! Although part of me wishes I went for the peanut butter, chocolate and toffee cheesecake that Suki went for! The other two girls went for the belgian chocolate brownie whereas Jairaj stuck to his glass of vino! It was one of those nights that I'll remember forever! Good food and good friends, what else could I ask for!


I really hope you guys have enjoyed 'The Twelve Days Of Blogmas'! I most definitely have! When I was first thinking of blogging at this time of year I was hoping to do a post each day but with work and whatnot it was something I knew I wouldn't be able to do. I always make sure that I'm passionate about whatever I write about and so each post has a lot of effort poured into it! I think 'The Twelve Days Of Blogmas' is going to be a Prim and Propa Christmas tradition!

Hope you all have a fantastic Christmas and feel free to have a look through the other days of Blogmas if you haven't had a chance! Lots of love! 

Prim x



| The Twelve Days Of Blogmas |

No comments:

Post a Comment